Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Ry's Rating

3.5 STARS


I've decided to start posting hotel reviews on the hotels I stay in. I love traveling and seeing new places and want to share the likes and dislikes in my travels, so if you ever go there you can have a heads up!


A couple of weeks ago we met our friends Brandi and Bryan down in the Dominican Republic. We chose the all inclusiveParadisus Palma Real Golf and Spa resort. (which most hotels in the Dominican Republic are inclusive) When you step foot on the property your blown away by it's beauty. The beach, pools, and landscaping are gorgeous.

The pictures above and below are photos of the resort.


I loved the bed cabanas at the pool. They even had seashell chandeliers in each one.

Brandi and I spent the majority time in these :)

I've heard most ALL INCLUSIVE resorts have watered down drinks, well the Paradisus doesn't. The cocktails are delicious and their house champagne was great as well.

OK...so this is why I gave it 3.5 stars and not 5...first was the FOOD. See, when I travel I like to eat good food. That's my hobby :) just like my husband loves to golf and fish while on vacation, mine is to eat. If these guys would get the food right this place would be the best hotel on the island. If I could do this trip again I would eat at Passion, which is a restaurant on property that isn't included in your ALL INCLUSIVE package. It was wonderful, 5 stars hands down. So for just $40 extra a day you can eat your dinners at Passion and be happy.

TIP: The pizza in your room service is the best thing to eat for lunch...it was the only satisfying item I found other then eating at Passion.
___
Brandi and I enjoyed all the bartenders, they are all so friendly and make you feel welcome.


The staff even let you try out these bad boys. I wish I had one of these to ride around in at home.

They have sweet flamingos on property. Brandi and I went every morning to see them.

AND here is the last and 2nd reason why it's not rated 5. The room. The rooms are clean but need to be spruced up a bit. Meaning a fresh coat of paint. I know they were doing tons of reconstruction on the property while we were there so I'm sure they are in the process of getting this done. The bed was comfortable and i felt like it was clean but it's no Ritz Carlton.

Would I stay here again? Yes, but I would probably stay somewhere else if it were available. The Dominican Republic is a beautiful island with tons of agriculture, they grow coffee, vanilla beans, coconut oil, etc. The people are very very nice. I know a lot of islands like St. Thomas and the Bahamas aren't friendly to us but the Dominicans were very sweet and grateful.

Hope this helps someone!!! Email me if you have more questions about this property.

Roxy was sure glad I came home :)

2 comments:

Alicia xoxxo said...

Great post! I am so glad you wrote this! I LOVE to travel and thought about posting about where I stay as well! I have been looking at this property as a potential next vacay spot for me and the hubs. Sad to hear the food want great! Like you, I love my food too! It is what I like to do on vacation! So that I a major bummer! Cant wait to hear of other places you have been to!

paulaustin said...

Paradisus Palma real golf and spa resort is one of the fabulous resort that i have seen ever. Here the photographs of the resorts are amazing. Keep posting such kind of things always.
cabin yosemite