Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mosaiced $2 Garage Sale Table

I found this table at a garage sale about a month ago. I love small pieces that you can use as a drink stand, where you have a chair and a coffee table looks to large, but you still need a place to sit your drink, well these work great. I painted the table black with spray paint. Then I took these mirrored mosaics (I found mine at a garage sale years ago) (Mom gave me some circles as well)…you can buy them at your local craft store and I mosaiced away.

Before I mosaiced it...

Lay your pieces out in a pattern before you glue

I used Gorilla glue (NOT MY FAV) I prefer Liquid nails. After gluing all the pieces down stick something on top so they are pressed down, this gets the glue sealed on tightly to the table. ( I used a wine glass and the mirror container)

Here is what it looks like now...

NOW I need your help, should I go ahead and grout, or should I leave it without grout. If you think I should use grout should I use a white or black? I would love your opinions. Mom thinks I should leave it, Jim thinks it needs grouted. Let me know your thoughts!

5 comments:

Briana said...

I vote for white grout!!!

sil said...

i vote for grout for sure, but i'm torn between black and white...i think white would be a great contrast,but i think the black would look nice too!!

Ryan K said...

Thank you girls! :) I think I may do the white because I have it at the house...we will see. I will take pictures afterwards! :)

Gay said...

Is it too late for me to vote for black grout?

KFoo said...

isn't henna really POT?