Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Jim #31

Jim turned 31 today.  I made him Cinnamon rolls this morning with a chocolate espresso.  We opened his presents under the tree this year, it was a nice morning....UNTIL REALITY HIT.  I had forgotten I started painting our front door yesterday.  I began at dawn and worked till dusk.  My backed ached and it was a project I wish I had never started.  Today after breakfast I started at it again.  I was painting until 4 and then forgot I had Jim's dad coming over for dinner to celebrate.  The door is now done except for the little detail painting I need to finish.  I will post pictures tomorrow.

For tonight's dinner I prepared the following:

Filet's soaked all day in garlic, olive oil, and Worcestershire Sauce seared on the Green Egg Grill

Deviled Eggs with Horseradish (Jim's choice since it's his birthday)

A Onion White Vinegar Shrimp salad

Ryan's Onion Corn...VERY EASY and wonderful!  I take frozen corn, microwave it until it's done.  Then saute some onions and garlic in butter then transfer those to a bowl.  Then I throw some more butter and flour into the same pan to make a rue, when the flour gets mixed in with the butter slowly add milk and stir until it makes a creamy sauce.  Then had the onions and garlic back in to the sauce.  I then add salt and pepper to taste and mix it in with the corn.  

Baked Potato Casserole with Cheese, Chives, and bacon bits

Baked Texas Toast slices topped with cheese and garlic

THEN THE BEST FOR LAST.  Mom got Jim a Banana Dream Cake, which is the best damn cake in the world!!!  I'm not a dessert person and I love it!  

Happy Birthday JIM! I love you and hope you have a great year at 31! 

1 comment:

Allie said...

Gosh, the menu sounds devine. Guess my invite got lost in the mail :(