Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008

The Sumtner County Farmers Market




(This picture reminds me of Oklahoma)


We enjoyed ourselves today at the farmers market.  I swear it has to be one of the biggest markets in the world.  It would literally take you all day to browse every booth.  We were there for about 1 hour and went through only 4 isles.  The town it's held in is adorable.  They have home style restaurants that stretch opposite side of the market, The Speckled Butter Bean and The Hay Seed to name a few.  I found a bucket of Garlic for $1 and that made my day.  I also got some fresh cucumbers, some large red onions, petite asparagus spears, and a puff pastry...mmmmm

Jim got 2 old fishing rods, some razors (in the box), 1 cherry tomato plant and 1 hot pepper plant.  Can't wait to make some fresh salsa!  

(Alligator heads)...eeeeee

(Jim leaving with his fishing poles and some other goods)

3 comments:

lesli said...

those ghourds are cool! And you look gorgeous by that field:) miss you sister-friend!

Ryan K said...

Thank you for the sweet comment Lesli! MISS YOU-RY

Allie said...

Sounds like my kind of place. So fun!