Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Soon to be an Egg Head

(The Green Egg)

Soon you can call me an Egg Head.  We purchased a green egg today and I'm already in love with it.  It's amazing!  I made grilled onions & chicken and the meat was tender, juicy, and fell right off the bone.  The sales guy we bought it from told us all about it.  He is an official EGG HEAD.  They even have an Eggtoberfest...who knows, maybe one day I will attend Eggtoberfest.  

(Me and the Green Egg)

The charcoal heated up with in 10 minutes on the EGG.  I have been using a tiny charcoal grill you can cook 2 hamburgers on, it took me at least 30 minutes to heat up the coals.  I also had to pour at least a gallon of starter fluid on it, the Green Egg needs NO lighter fluid.  I will cook my pork tenderloin on it tomorrow, I will let you know how it turns out. 
   

2 comments:

lesli said...

omg - i want one! you sold me on that description!

Ryan K said...

Lesli! It's wonderful, I have cooked on it all week and have used probably 3 handfuls of charcoal. I'm not sure if you like to grill or not but I'm now addicted!