Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Napa at The Peabody


ORLANDO RESTAURANT REVEIW
Ry's Rating: 4 STARS

Jim and I decided to try out the new Peabody, which opened last September. We visited the spa before dinner and I give it 3 stars. I was thinking I would be blown away since it's brand new but I wasn't impressed. I think the Ritz and the Waldorf are the best spas in Orlando. (MY OPNION)

Now...back to food

I've been eyeing Napa since it opened. I love the concept that everything is local and organic, and I LOVE Californian cuisine. I was very impressed of the quality, portion size, and freshness of the food. I would give it 5 but I wasn't feeling the ambiance, I like to feel cozy in a nice restaurant.

ABOUT: Napa draws on inspiration from wine country, they've brought some of Northern California's most tantalizing tastes to the South. Their Orlando dining menu is comprised of organic, sustainable farm-to-fork selections complemented by wall-to-wall wine selections from Napa Valley and around the world. With its dark wood furnishings and modern appointments, Napa offers diners a quiet, understated elegance highlighted by magnificent views of the Grotto Pool.

___

We started with Ahi Tuna Tartar, which was layered tuna, avocado, pearl onions, and a purple causa (reminded me of potato salad) soaked in a citrus and soy dressing. It was delish and so fresh.

Jim chose braised beef short-ribs with winter park blue cheese and fennel pickles. It WAS HUGE! We took some home and I made him tacos for lunch this week. The meat was very moist and fell apart with your fork, only thing it was missing was some seasoning. The only reason why I'm being this picky is because I want you to feel how the food was.

For my main meal I got Alaskan halibut with crispy artichokes, spring pea veloute, and creme Fraiche. Which was halibut soaked in a pea soup.

Jim got chicken with fresh beans and spring onion ragout. The chicken was VERY good. I have to say it was better than my dish. He loved it. We went home with so many leftovers, which is shocking because usually you leave empty handed while dining at nice restaurants.

To be honest we probably wont go back for a while, we have so many more places we want to try, but if your looking for fresh good food, defiantly try it out.

P.S. I took pictures with my Iphone and they didn't turn out :( Wish I could have shown you some pictures.

No comments: