Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

APRIL-MAY 2011


I started my blog April 8, 2008, which means last month was my 3 year anniversary. I love looking back at my first posts...my first blog post was about Jaclyn's bachelorette party in Dallas where I said we would make many memories and now when I look back those memories are clearer because I blogged about them and I can read each detail and view each picture. Lately I haven't blogged about everything that's going on in my life, so 5 years from now I will just see my design pictures or what I did new to the house or yard...I don't like that. SO this post is about APRIL & MAY, many huge things happened in the world and I want to remember how I felt about each one. I'll start in order....
____________

April 20..I think

Donald Trump made a HUGE deal for Obama to show his birth certificate. I'm sickened that our media gave him so much spotlight! Now we can look back and see Obama really had bigger and better things to worry about. I'm not a fan TRUMP so I'm not giving you anymore attention.
______
April 28, 2011 deadly storms hit the south. The video and photo's were horrible. Hundreds of people lost their lives. My heart broke for everyone including the animals. I can't imagine going through something like that, you really never think that could happen to you and it can. I think we all need to prepare because I truly believe our storms are getting bigger and our weather is trying to compensate of the heating waters. (this is my opinion) What a horrible storm and I continue to send prayers to all the families.
___


Friday 29 April 2011 at Westminster Abbey the Royal Wedding took place. I did NOT get up at 4:00 AM but at 8:00 I was glued to the TV all through the TODAY show...when that ended I turned it on the Direct TV Brittish channel and continued to watch it until 6:00 PM. I was hooked (BAD). At first sight I didn't love her dress but the more and more I saw the beautiful details I slowly fell in love with it. My favorite part of the dress was the V neck. I absolutely loved she did her on makeup and when she walked down the aisle I loved how Harry smiled and joked with his brother. WILL and KATE seemed so down to earth and you could tell Kate was soaking it all in and didn't take ANYTHING for granted. IT was beautiful!
____
On May 1, 2011 I learned Osama Bin Laden had been shot and killed. I was in bed getting ready to fall asleep and I received a text from a friend saying to turn on the news!!!! So my sleepy eyes found the remote and from then on was glued to the box until 2:00 AM watching the latest developments come in. I'm going to confess I was obsessed about this for a good week. Jim would find me in bed reading article after article about how the Navy Seals went in, who was in the house, how they did it, learning what new helicopters we used...totally obsessed. I just think it's SO amazing.

So on that note I want to tell you how I feel about this, or really tell myself how I feel about it since I'm the one that will be reading it 5 years from now. THIS IS MY OPINION... 1) First I think it's totally ok to be happy nasty Osama is dead, but I think the jumping up and down in the streets over someone's death is to much. I think that's what Osama followers would do over US deaths, I don't think we should rub it in anyones face, it only makes the other side more mad. 2) I would NEVER want ANYONE including the Navy Seals to risk their lives and I understand they went in knowing he would be armed, but if he could have surrendered I would have liked to seen him captured...but the more I read I may be changing my mind soon. 3) While in bed that Sunday night I waited for Obama's speech, well I'm glad I did because it was well written and I truly think he did a wonderful job. All this being said, I'm happy he's gone, he's done so many HORRIBLE things to innocent children and people and he was truly a nasty dirty man.
_______

LAST NIGHT--Joplin, MO Tornado

This morning I called my dad to see if he was safe after all the devastating storms. He lives about 30 mins away from Joplin, MO. He said the tornado that hit last night was HORRIBLE. Everything including the hospital is demolished. I'm sure you guys are watching the same thing as me on TV and no words can describe what's going on. I pray for dad to be strong because his team of fire fighters are helping the survivors and rescue efforts. I can't imagine and I love you dad. Things like this make you realize that life is short. I guess one good thing that came out of this is I'm closer to my dad and I need to let go of the past and look towards the future.

Hope everyone enjoys their Monday. God Bless!


3 comments:

lesli said...

In 5 years I'm just going to look back at your blog to see what was going on if that's ok=) great update, ryan! xoxo

Allie said...

I agree...I like it better looking back at my blog from 5+ years ago too. Back when blogs were online journals to share feelings, and fun times. Before everyone had advertisements & giveaways. Remember when people left comments cause they wanted to and not because they were being bribbed with something free? Im glad you're going back to sharing your feelings. And if people don't like it, let me remind th that the red X in the top right corner will close the site. HA!

Ryan K said...

I had readers come and go, but you two have been loyal...thank you :)