Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

(Picture below is what I look at while decorating my tree) Isnt it beautiful! It's all blown glass! Reminds me of Venice.

I signed in this morning for the Festival of Tree's. I didn't realize how big this event was. The museum is decorated beautifully with bright colors and beautiful art. They gave me my packet to get started at the door, "How many helpers will you have?", the girl asked...I then got nervous. "I have none, it's just me." The girl yelled, "WOW your doing this alone!!" I just smiled at her. They then took me back to where my tree was. I looked around at all the people unpacking there creations, and then I knew I had a lot of work ahead of me. Why should I be so nervous?..this isn't a competition, or is it? Maybe I am to competitive even when I shouldnt be. I forget Jim and I always get into arguments while playing put put golf, maybe I'm as competitive as him. I don't want to be the tree that doesn't stand out, I want it to SHINE. I have a lot of work ahead of me. I have a feeling I will be going home and spray painting branches until midnight tonight. I want it to be perfect. Some of the people designing the tree's have PODS and U-hauls, all I have is 2 tubs. Wish me luck for the next 3 days of decorating!
P.S. Girls I need your help! On Friday there is a "Black Tie" event for the Festival of Tree's, what do I wear? A black cocktail dress? Help!

No comments: