Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oyster Stuffing

I’m already planning my Thanksgiving. We are having it at our house this year; it will be the traditional staples with a few modern twists. I’m starting off with an Oyster Stuffing; you know how I love my Oysters. The recipe is below…I’m telling you, everyone will love this, even if their not oyster fans. I almost forgot, IT”S HEALTHY!
Oyster Stuffing


Ingredients

1 1/2 cups corn bread stuffing mix (I get the flavored stove top mix)
1 (16-ounce) container standard oysters, un-drained (You can use fresh, but keep all the juices you can)
4 hard-cooked large eggs with yolks discarded
Cooking spray
1 cup chopped onion
2 minced garlic cloves
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
3 cups cooked wild rice (I like Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice with Seasonings)
½ cup less-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.
Prepare stuffing according to package directions, omitting fat. Set aside.
Drain oysters in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/3 cup oyster liquid.
Slice eggs in half lengthwise; discard yolks. Finely chop egg whites.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add the onion, parsley, and bell pepper; cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in oysters, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the prepared stuffing, 1/3 cup oyster liquid, egg whites, wild rice, and remaining ingredients. Spread the dressing in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake dressing at 350° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

No comments: