Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Finished! Bitter Sweet



I have put in a lot of time at the Orlando Museum of Arts.  It's been my second home for the past 3 days and I was sad leaving, knowing I will only return once more for the Patron's Gala on Friday night and then I will have to say goodbye to my snowy owl tree :(.  I will have to wait a whole year to come back and repeat the decorating of a new one.  I finished wrapping the presents beneath it today and was thinking that I have become attached to it, it will be hard to part.  I know it will go to a good home, but for the last 4 months I have been collecting little snowy items and have loved every piece that has gone onto it.  Now I must focus on my tree at home to get my mind off of this snowy theme.  I will start the search for red, gold, and avocado green items. 

Now I must aim at finding some shoes and a cool bracelet.  I hate shopping under pressure.  I only have until FRIDAY.

6 comments:

T said...

This turned out absolutely awesome!
Just gorgeous! Would you like to come decorate my tree now? :)

Cathy said...

Your tree is beautiful! I'm inspired! First though, I've got to get a bigger tree. And, hope my cat doesn't destroy it.

Ryan Kay said...

Thank you T! I will be down to Vegas in a snap if you would like..we can do a dog tree :)

Cathy-Thank you! AND did you know if you put orange peels around the tree or inside of it the cats won't bother it..they don't like orange peels..read this in a martha stewart magazine. :) When your done with your tree post it, I would love to see it! :)

Anonymous said...

YOUR Tree is Beautiful...
Great decorating....just great.
LOVE Dream Pine...
aka...MOM

Allie's Mom said...

Your tree is beautiful. Congratulations!

Ryan Kay said...

Thank you ALLIE'S MOM! Your so sweet to comment! You also have raised a wonderful daughter! I love talking to ALLIE :)