Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

I'm an Addict


I have a confession to make...I'm addicted to Martha Stewart's website.  It's wonderful, they have a daily craft, recipes, and in September I'm attending their Halloween work shop!  I have gotten so many great ideas lately I have all these projects lined up.  Thanks Martha, I probably have more important things to do.  I have even gotten ideas for my tree I'm designing.  I'm going to start making snow puffs in my free time, I got the idea from her website and the directions are below.  They make beautiful flowers and I think if I made them in white they could be beautiful snow flakes.  We will see.  I will post my finished product.  

You will need tissue paper and 24 g floral wire

Stack eight 20-by-30 inch sheets of tissue. Make 1 1/2 inch wide accordion folds, creasing with each fold.


Fold an 18-in piece of floral wire in half, and slip over center of folded tissue; twist.  With scissors, trim ends of tissue into rounded or point shapes, I will do rounded to make my snowflake balls.  

Separate layers, pulling away from center one at a time

Then, tie a length of fishing line (or string, whatever you got around) for hanging!  WALLAH!! A beautiful flower or a snow puff...:)

No comments: