Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

If you want to keep him around...well then read this

This is a SIMPLE ingredient recipe that is amazing, trust me on this one.  It's one of our favorite dishes I have ever made, and probably the most easiest also.  If your trying to impress that special someone here is the dish to hook em.  :)

Ry's Lemon-Garlic Exotic Shrimp

You Will Need:

2lb, med or large shrimp (I peel and de-vein them) OR I also tell him it's just cracked pepper if your not feeling like de-veining 2 lbs of shrimp.  he he

2 cloves of garlic (2 big table spoons of the pre minced in a jar garlic is what I used)

1/2 cup of butter melted

2 table spoons lemon juice (I use freshly squeezed, it's much better in this)

1/2 tsp salt

ground black pepper

3 dashes of hot sauce

1 1/2 table spoons of Worcestershire sauce

3 table spoons fresh copped parsley



Set your oven on BROIL 

Throw shrimp in a single layer casserole dish or pan (with sides)

Melt butter in a sauce pan with garlic, let the flavors combine...then add next 5 ingredients, stirring well.

Pour half of sauce over shrimp, make sure you coat them evenly

Broil shrimp 4 inches from heat for 4 minutes

Take them out and pour the rest of the sauce on top of them

put them back into the oven for another 4-5 minutes 

Take them out and sprinkle the fresh parsley over them.

Serve with french bread, you will want a lot!  The bread's the best part for dipping into the sauce!  So you have to have the bread to make it special!  

Ta DAAA, Shrimp in under 20 minutes!

NOTE: I tried the sauce before I poured the sauce onto the shrimp and it's good, but not great.  NOW, when you take the shrimp out its wonderful, I guess the shrimp juices bring out the flavors.  Promise you, it's wonderful.  If you don't like it, call me and will chat.


He really likes it!  


When he was done this is what was left...2 tiny garlic pieces and 2 drips of the sauce.

2 comments:

T said...

Yum, I just showed this recipe to my husband and now he wants me to make it. Cooking is not one of my favorite things to do, but your recipe looks quite easy, I may have to give this a try, or my husband will never let me hear the end of it.:)

Ryan K said...

T, I hope you guys enjoy it! If your just cooking for the 2 of you, I would half the recipe, the 2lbs makes A LOT! :) ENJOY! Let me know if you like it or not! Also, taste it and add salt or pepper or more butter if need be.