I'm laying in bed reading my new Bon Appetit, I have been getting it for 3 months now and its my FAVORITE! They have a monthly section called, "R.S.V.P/Readers Favorite Restaurant Recipes) They have people write in from all over the US and if they have something their in love with at a restaurant, Bon Appetit finds the restaurant and gets the recipe. I just got through reading about this watermelon salad, the women wrote, "When I was on vacation in Kauai, I had a lovely meal-and view of the ocean-at THE BEACH HOUSE RESTAURANT. The highlight of my dinner was the simple but delicious watermelon salad...by Caroline Jenkins-San Francisco. The recipe follows: For the RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE 1/4 Cup seedless raspberry jam, 1/4 cup cranberry juice cocktail, 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, 6 tablespoons vegi oil. SALAD: 2 1/2-3 pounds of watermelon-quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch triangles, rind trimmed, 5 oz bag of baby greens or arugula, 3/4 crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, and 1/2 small red onion. Toss to coat. Sounds perfect for a hot summer day!
Also, I found a really neat idea, its called The Gourmet Conversation Starter, its 135 cards featuring foodie icebreakers, I have some samples below. It's kinda fun!
1. Whats on your perfect burger? I would have red onions, cheddar cheese, guacamole, and bacon.
2. Which food are you embarrassed to admit you like? Mountain Oysters! My grand mother would fix them! AND they are VERY popular in OKLAHOMA...I know it's disgusting...AND when I was young my grand pa told me they were chicken so when I found out what they really were, I was sick but they are mighty good!
3. What's your favorite secret ingredient? Anchovie Paste
4. If you could eat a certain food every day what would it be? ASIAN and SUSHI!
5. Your most favorite Vegi? Palm of Hearts right out of the can and asparagus
Enjoy your next meal! Bon Appetit!
Now I will relax in bed and watch The Next Food Network Star! Who do you want to win? I really like Aaron, he was so natural with the children last episode. OH MY, and Lesli if your reading this, There at MESA, remember, I ate there while I was in Vegas and you were upset. AND THERE IS PAULA :) Hope your watching!