Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Big News


Short Story

7 weeks ago I started having some very bad pains in the groin area so I decided to go to the doctor.  My mom and I had self diagnosed myself with ovarian cysts.  When they started doing the ultrasound to check out my ovaries the doctor stopped and said, "I see the problem...you have a healthy heart beat in there!"  I replied, WHAT? Are you sure?? I was 7 weeks pregnant and didn't even know it.  I was scared,  shocked, I felt like I had been hit by a bus.  I don't like surprises, and I hadn't planned on having children for at least 4 more years if ever.  I've had 5 weeks for everything to soak in.  I now know it's a sign from god and everything  happens for a reason.  I'm extremely excited and feel very lucky and blessed.  I've had a pretty good pregnancy so far other than being tired and not in the mood to eat ANYTHING.  It's true you really do have weird cravings.  I'm now two days away from being 13 weeks pregnant.  I have no clue about pregnancy or babies so if you have any good tips please comment or email me.  I look forward to sharing my pregnancy on here so I can have a diary to look back on.  Hope everyone is doing well!   

 When I read this quote below I felt like I wrote it.  This is how I felt the first few weeks of finding out.


Due Jan 2, 2013


9 comments:

THECAROLINACOUNTRYGIRL said...

Congrats Ryan! You will be a great mother! That sweet baby will be so spoiled and have great parents! I'm not an expert on parenting but just take it day by day and rememeber it's okay to be scared. I sure was! Best of luck and I'm here for ya!

Cathy said...

Congratulations! You'll be a great Mom, and your Mom must be so happy! With a mere 7 months of experience, I have lots of baby product favs. I would recommend the book Baby Bargains as you think about what you might need. Also, I got most of my maternity clothes from Gap, Old Navy and Target. Please let me know if you need anything. --Cathy (Herren) Carr

sil said...

congrats! i agree with cathy - the baby bargains book is very helpful. also, gap, old navy and target are the best for maternity clothing. i'm due in october so i was able to take that book and create my registry easily. i also recommend going to thebump.com or babycenter.com so that you can see week by week what is going on inside with your baby.

Melissa @ The Littlest Lobo said...

Congratulations! Don't worry, you'll be a great mom! You have plenty of time to adjust before the baby comes! Ditto o. Target & old navy for maternity clothes. I ordered online from old navy (no maternity in my town) and returned locally. Super easy & $5 shipping! Of course that was before Nicole Ritchie came out with her maternity line! Enjoy & embrace your pregnancy!

Ryan K said...

Thank you girls! I need all the help I can get! :) THANK YOU!

Bola said...

Congrats Ryan!!!! Although it was unexpected, what a blessing! I can't wait to hear about your pregnancy experience. All the best :)

Bola

http://thelilacdream.blogspot.com

Prof. Hannah said...

Congratulations! Our pregnancy was a surprise as well and it took me quite a while for it to sink in but it was the best experience and our son is awesome!

Wholesale freshwater Pearl said...

I sure was! Best of luck and I'm here for ya!

Silver Jewelry wire said...

Congratulations!I love that peacock print.The baby bargains book is very helpful. also, gap, old navy and target are the best for