Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Emerils Tchoup Chop

I hope all of you Mothers had a wonderful Mother's Day!  Here is 3 generations below :)  We decided to celebrate at Emeril's Tchoup Chop!  I've decided to do a Orlando Restaurant Review on it below :)


Emeril's is located in the Royal Pacific hotel located next to Universal studios.  



Ry's Rating 3.9 stars
(If you ask the rest of the family they would give it 5 STARS)



Mom gave her signature Mother's Day cocktail an A+
Passion fruit, vodka, and champagne


For our Appetizers we chose the crab dumplings and crispy shrimp.  To be honest I was very disappointed with the crab dumpling.  The dumpling over powered the crab and you really didn't have any strong flavors competing over the dough of the dumpling.  It was beautiful though :)



The crispy shrimp were good, coated in coconut flakes and it came with a spicy chili dipping sauce.  


Everyone at the table except for me got the surf and turf.  Tiger Prawns and a steak fillet.  It came with mashed potatoes, broccoli, and carrots.  I give this dish 5 stars...the steak was seasoned well and very tender.  The shrimp were GREAT :)  I kinda felt left out.  


I got the hot iron seared yellowfin tuna steak with sticky rice and smoked bacon-wasabi butter infusion.  Sounds delish but wasn't blow your socks of good.  I hate to say but the tuna wasn't sushi grade, I may have just gotten a bad cut or the end of the tail because some parts were stringy.  The butter reduction was good, but it was more butter than wasabi or bacon flavor.  If I go back I'll defiantly get the tiger shrimp entree.  



The actual restaurant is beautiful.  It reminds you of a restaurant that would be in Vegas or New York City.  Here are some pictures from our table.




 All the tables are around a beautiful pond with ceramic lilly pads.


3 comments:

winetastegirl.com said...

Yum, that looks so good! What a sweet family you have and I know you all had a great time. Thanks for your comments on my Steeplechase post today :)
www.winetastegirl.com

Allie said...

Looks yummy. That end piece of your tuna isn't good looking, tuna shouldn't be gray! :(.

Allie said...

Looks yummy. That end piece of your tuna isn't good looking, tuna shouldn't be gray! :(.