Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thai Salad Shooters



I made these Sunday for our dinner guests. These are delicious and SIMPLE! I got the glass shooters from IKEA.

3 cucumbers, peeled and seeded
2 tsp salt
1/2 rice vinegar (My favorite is the roasted garlic flavor)
1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
2 or 3 shallots (you can use any mild onion)
1 red chili (seeded if your not into spicy)
2 tlb cilantro

Cut the cucumbers into half moons thinly, I sprinkled them with salt and let them drain for 30 minutes. In a sauce pan over med heat combine sugar, remainder 1 tsp salt and the vinegar and dissolve. I just heated it for a couple of minutes, it doesn't take long to dissolve sugar. Combine all the ingrediants and pour vinegar over the salad. The longer it soaks the better it tastes.

Serve in shooters or small bowls.

3 comments:

Alicia xoxxo said...

Oh looks so delicious!!! I will have to try!

Annie said...

This looks so fancy & yummy...love it!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Jen @ redsolesandredwine said...

I'm so trying this! I love cucumbers and thai salads. Yummy.

By the way - about Chanel purses. Portero.com is a fantastic trustworthy site :)

xoxo
Jen

Red Soles and Red Wine