Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Saturday's Cooking Class at Bella Collina with Recipes!

Chef Ryan held a cooking class last Saturday night and believe it or not I got JIM TO GO! I'm still shocked he went...now he was in the dessert room 100% of the time but that's ok!!! I'm just happy I got him to go. (Don't tell anyone but he liked it)

Beautiful Bella below :)

Chef Ryan out did himself...he taught us the correct way to clean a filet tenderloin and sear it perfectly on the grill.

The Menu

Wedge Salad with homemade ranch
Steamed Mussels in White Wine
Grilled Filet Mignon with Truffle Smashed Potatoes
Creme Brulee

Here is the beautiful wedge salad...the dressing is by far the best homemade ranch I've ever had and it's pretty easy.

Ranch Dressing Recipe

2 3/4 cup buttermilk
3 3/4 cup mayo
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1/4 cup of chives
1/4 tsp Worcestershire, Tabasco, paprika, salt, and freshly ground pepper

MIX ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER, Adjust seasonings if need be

Cut your ice burg lettuce in wedges, sprinkle with grape tomatoes, smoked apple wood bacon, chopped chives and drizzle with dressing..SO GOOD!


Steamed Mussels in White Wine


In a hot pan add 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 cup of minced garlic, and 1/2 cup of mined shallots...cook until golden.

add mussels and saute for 30 secs

deglaze with 2 cups of white wine, add 2 cups of diced tomatoes and cook the mussels until they open

finish with 1/4 cup of butter and one bunch of chopped parsley


The truffle potatoes were delish! Boil 8 idaho potatoes, when ready add 3 cups of heavy cream 3/4 cup of butter, 2-3 oz truffle oil, and salt & pepper to taste! SMASH the HELL Out oF THEM!

The steaks were grilled on very high heat with salt and pepper.

NOW I'm not going to post his creme brulee recipe because I think mine is easier and better! I hate saying that but Jim said the same thing. If your interested in it just write me an email and I'll write it out for you.

No comments: