Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

La Boqueria Market on La Rambla in Barcelona, SPAIN


This was my favorite part of the trip. I'm going back to Barcelona just to experience La Boqueria Market again. ENTER NOW YOU WILL SEE WHY :)

I would call these the gates of heaven, but really it's only the entrance to the world famous market.

IMG_3249

We decided to skip breakfast and save up for lunch for our market crawl. Everything I stuck in my mouth was AMAZING. I'm not exaggerating, it was the coolest place I've ever been.

They had EVERYTHING under the sun in this market! Each vendor specialized in a certain food. This one below was all smoothies packed on ice. I tried french melon and kiwi and Jim chose banana guava.

IMG_3273

Any spice you would ever want...

IMG_3268

The seafood was so fresh the lobsters, shrimp, and crabs were still moving around on the ice. You could try anything. I had so much fresh seafood I couldn't breath afterwards. They all had little pots in the back and would boil, fry, or pan sear and fresh catch you would like.

IMG_3260

BEANS...some beans I didn't even know existed.

IMG_3257

GUMMY BEARS, WORMS, ETC...

IMG_3255

Fresh fruit and VEGI's

IMG_3254

The Spaniards know how to use their ham

IMG_3267

Fresh fried octopus :)

IMG_3264

Of course I found me an Italian man that speicalized in pizza. It as GREAT and he had Spanish Rose' Cava for $2 EURO a glass!

IMG_3262

Here I am focusing on my food :) I was so happy...

IMG_3278

They had an asian side also...

IMG_3276

Fish fritter

IMG_3274

Chicken and Intestine..don't judge until you try it

IMG_3275

The egg girl...fresh eggs from the farm hand picked that morning

IMG_3281

More seafood...Barcelona by far has the best seafood I've ever had.

IMG_3280

Jim's favorite, chocolate and sweet treats

IMG_3253

This man below specialized in all different types of onions

IMG_3271

AND the olives are wonderful!

IMG_3269

I took over 1000 pictures and I had so many of the market..but I would be here all day loading pictures up. I also have a couple of video's from this market I want to post. Hope you aren't to hungry after these pics :) I haven't even blogged about the TAPAS yet!

No comments: