Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

While Jason and Jaclyn were in town, we did cook 2 dinners at the house. MY MY, can JASON COOK A STEAK! Simple, juicy, and delicious.


We had the butcher cut us 4 thick filet's from the tenderloin. Jason sprinkled salt and pepper and minced a tiny amount of garlic and rubbed into the fillet with extra virgin olive oil...That was it!

He then sauteed garlic, onions, and mushrooms in butter...after 3 minutes he sprinkled a pinch of sugar and then added steak seasoning and cream, it made the most wonderful steak sauce in the world!!! and it's easy!

We heated the "Green Egg" to about 700 degree's and through the steaks on, we seared in the juices and the took them off quickly. Jason said you must let you steak set at least 5 minutes.

When I cut into my steak it melted in my mouth..it was amazing! He also made a fresh salad with Jim's greens from the garden and a huge baked potato the size of an elephant. The salad dressing recipe is below.

Jason's Dressing

Olive Oil

Dijon Mustard

A Pinch of Sugar

1 egg yolk

Fresh Parmesan Cheese

1 to 2 tlb's of Anchovy Paste

Fresh Lemon Juice

Shake and serve...OMG this is Divine! He also cubed up day old bread and tossed it with garlic, pepper, salt and olive oil and baked them for 8 minutes, mmm fresh croutons.

MY TURN

We caught a lot of fish last Thursday and I had to make my fried fish..This is how I do it:

I cube my fish and soak them in a half can of beer, 4 eggs, salt, pepper, garlic salt, and milk.

I then half flour and corn meal, and then throw in salt, pepper, and garlic salt. I always taste this mixture to make sure I have enough salt, since I don't salt my fish after the frying.

The fish is already coated in the egg mixture, I toss it with the flour/corn meal mixture then shake it, then throw it in the oil. It's simple and tasty. I serve it with buttered corn on the Cobb and cheesy macaroni and cheese. I'm so hungry!

No comments: