Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fall Finds-Thanks to Lesli & Jamie

Lesli was right, Bath & Body Works has all the fabulous fall stuff in, including PUMPKIN scents. I fell in love with the Leaves Room Spray, it reminds me of hot apple cider warming on the stove. It's mighty strong though, while in line at Chick-Fil-A today I was so excited about my new purchase I thought it would be a good idea to spray a small squirt of the leaves in my car...well it almost killed me. I'm sure when I pulled up to pay for my meal I changed the smell of fried chicken to apple cider in the whole place. I still have a slight headache and can smell it on my clothing and in my hair. So spray with caution in a open room. Maybe this stuff would take care of Bear's corn chip problem... Just Kidding


I also found lemonade lip gloss, I know it's totally not FALL but I love lemonade and it gives off a nice shine.



And last but not LEAST, Pumpkin Lotion! I had to get it, I just had to.
Thank You LESLI!

Oh, and while I'm on the pumpkin topic, my cousin Jamie emailed me a yummy looking recipe, Thank you JAMIE :)

The recipe is pumpkin-bean soup:
1 15 oz can pumpkin
1 14 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
1 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 14 oz can vegetable broth
1 tsp dried leaf sage, crushed
salt and ground black pepper
cracked black peppercorns (optional)
fresh lime slices (optional)

Preparation:
1. In medium saucepan combine pumpkin, unsweetened coconut milk, beans, broth and sage. Heat through.
2. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with black peppercorns. Drizzle with lime.

Serves 4.

No comments: