Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Summer is Here!

Bear is now a scrawny rat.  We have to keep some hair around his face because last time we shaved his whole body he was depressed for weeks.  We have been shaving Velvet also,  she feels better when she is shaved and it's easeir for me to keep the house clean.  She sheds so badly.   

Yesterday was the first day it felt like summer.  The high was 95 and the sun was shinning bright.  There's nothing like a nice summer evening drinking some wine and grilling out.  I made steak shish kabobs with fresh zuchini, squash, onions, tomatoes, and eggplant.  It turned out great.  I also bought a watermelon yesterday from our local farmers market, it was sweet and delicious.  Watermelon reminds me of my young summer days living in Oklahoma.

Well, I'm making clams linguini tonight so I have to go get my sauce started.  I will let you know how it turns out.

1 comment:

lesli said...

girl - i am so jealous of that fabu garden of yours! let me know if you and jim are considering relocation to lexington. we'll be over for dinner nightly!=)